State Representative Adam Niemerg (R-Dieterich) held another roundtable discussion with local mayors, township leaders, and county officials on Tuesday from Champaign and Vermilion Counties in the 102nd District. Hosted by the Georgetown Fair Conference & Banquet Center, topics covered included state resources available for passing legislation to help villages, cities, townships, and counties, as well as a discussion on where to look for help for things like water/sewer upgrades, economic development efforts, and disaster relief funds.
“My meetings with local mayors around the 102nd District last year were a success and this year I am expanding my roundtable discussions to include township and county elected officials as well,” commented Rep. Adam Niemerg. “My office is available to help with ideas on possible funding sources such as grants and low-interest loans for infrastructure projects, fire safety equipment, and economic development projects. When communities apply for these grants, I like to provide letters of support for their applications for funding that will improve the quality of life for the residents of my district.”
Some of the funding sources for grants and low-interest loans include the following:
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO)
- Illinois State Fire Marshall Office
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA)
- Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT)
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- United State Department of Agriculture (USDA) – Rural Development (RD)
- United States Department of Justice (DOJ)
Local officials who were not able to attend this meeting are encouraged to contact the district office at 217-813-6036 to receive a packet of information or receive assistance in identifying possible grants for their community projects.